What Is A Total Shoulder Replacement: Total shoulder replacement surgery is used to treat severe shoulder osteoarthritis that has not responded to nonsurgical therapy alternatives.
Dr Vipin Garg, our Shoulder Specialist at The KLM Group Gwalior, has significant expertise and uses cutting-edge technologies in shoulder replacement treatments.
The operation is successful because it replaces osteoarthritic bone and cartilage with functioning metal and plastic components that work as a “new shoulder.” Patients enjoy significant pain alleviation after recuperation and physical therapy and may resume their
Important procedure steps are:
1. general anesthesia A Board Certified Anesthesiologist delivers general anesthesia to ensure that there is no pain or discomfort throughout the surgery.
2. Surgical incision On the front of the shoulder, a tiny incision is created. Muscles and soft tissues are retracted to allow visualization of the joint.
3. Preparation of the bones In order to prepare for implants, the head of the humerus (arm bone) and the glenoid cavity are carefully cut.
4. Experiment with implants. Trial implants are implanted in the shoulder until the ideal size is discovered. A physical examination ensures that the implants are appropriately fitted and that the shoulder moves normally.
5. Implants that are permanent. Over the bones, biological cement is applied, and permanent metal and plastic implants are installed. An further physical examination is done when the cement hardens.
Closure of the incision Sutures and skin staples are used to seal the incision, and sterile dressings are used to cover it. To retain the shoulder in a neutral posture, a shoulder sling is used.
The total operation duration is generally one hour, depending on the severity of the osteoarthritis and the structure of the shoulder.
A brief hospital stay is required for pain treatment, infection prevention, and physical rehabilitation. In some circumstances, a partial complete replacement (replacing one bone) or reverse total shoulder replacement (reversing implant locations) is performed.
Making an Appointment
It is always preferable to acquire a diagnosis of shoulder osteoarthritis as soon as feasible. Early therapy alleviates symptoms and prevents the chronic illness from worsening.
Address: 12, Saraswati Nagar, University Road, Near Silver Estate, Thatipur, Gwalior 474006 Mob: 7804826825 Ph: 0751-4000721 Website: www.klmgroup.org Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com